|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1878|
|First successful climber(s):||W. Davidson, H. Seymour Hoare, Johann Jaun, Johann von Bergen|
|Nearest major airport:||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Convenient Center:||Chamonix, France|
Mont Maudit is a high, sharp, ice-clad pinnacle, the halfway point on the long trek to Mont Blanc (15,771 ft.) from Chamonix by the Northeast Ridge. Mont Maudit rises from this ridge, and is the nearest peak to the huge icy dome of the Mont Blanc summit.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Mont Maudit.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #5358 - by Matic Meglic on Oct 11, 2004same day as climbing Triangle du Tacul (Mt. Blanc du Tacul), it's a great mountain...
- Log #5350 - by Gergely Folberth on Sep 15, 2004Me and my brother wanted to reach the Mont Blanc, but the weather was very bad and we climbed only the Maudit.
- Log #5352 - by
Dimitri van Driel on Sep 29, 2003We climbed the NW face of Maudit. There was a lot of snow, and we had to trace a path since it seemed nobody had passed there in sometime. The last part, after the bergschrund, was a bit steep. We...
- Log #5353 - by Andrea Vido de'Zaccaria on Mar 12, 2002Kufner ridge, wonderful conditions, great climb
- Log #5354 - by tomas van hoek on Aug 09, 2001Kuffner ridge (frontier ridge), mediocre snow and ice conditions, but great climb!!!
- Log #5355 - by Matic Meglic on Aug 08, 2001Finishing the Tour Ronde Ridge (or Kueffner Ridge) it's my second time on top of this beautiful mountain!
- Log #5356 - by RJG de Vries on Aug 21, 2000I climbed this mountain on my way to Mont Blanc. I could not see anything because it was still night. The wind was blowing so hard I had to to hold on to the rocks. On my way back from Mont Blanc I...
- Log #5357 - by Kobe Bellinkx on Jan 17, 19991998 when general condition where bad. The glacier was steeper then on other years. We attempted to go to the mont blanc, but we were forced the start our attempted 2hours later because there was a...