Great Trango Tower Trip Report (#19983)
- Signed By: Sanne Bosteels
- Date submitted: July 20, 2006
- Date(s) climbed: 19 July 2006
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Neutral
With a group of 6 young people, we climbed the north face route, summit on 19th of July 2006. From Trango basecamp we carried loads up to the boulder at 5000m. A second camp was made after the slabs, on a small ledge at 5500m. From there we pushed to the summit over mostly steep ice sections. The summit ridge was climbed over a steep section of mushroom snow and a dangerous corniche. The descent was especially demanding, downclimbing up to 80° of steep ice.
In the area of basecamp, we opened a new rockclimbing route of 6 pitches, french grade 6a, called "oceano trango"