At Philmont Scout Ranch. Permission must be acquired from the camp before ascending.
|Range/Region:||Sangre de Cristo Range|
|Best months for climbing:||Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 11 trip reports for Tooth Of Time.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21350 - by E Nelson on July 22, 2008We climbed that AM from Ponderosa Park campsite up through the pass at Shaffers Peak and along the ridge out to the "Tooth" we had 13 scouts from Troop 2 of the Black Warrior Council and 3 adults...
- Log #20760 - by Marcus Bailey on May 01, 20071999 Buckskin Council, BSA Philmont Trek
- Log #20364 - by Robbie Griffin on Sep 27, 2006Easy hike with a very rewarding view. Level 1 rock climbing used at one point.
- Log #17068 - by Richard Lowe on Oct 18, 2004The Tooth of Time has an awesome view of base camp at Philmont, the south country, Black and Bear Mounains, and especially Baldy and Touch Me Not. I climbed it after my first trek in 2000 for the...
- Log #17069 - by
Steffy on Oct 09, 2004I truly am fascinated. I never knew time had teeth! If it has teeth, it must have a mouth (Mouth of Time, oooooo sounds cool) Does it have a nose, too? Then there must occasionally be a Sneeze of...
- Log #17070 - by Bill Toft on Mar 11, 2004This rock is amazing, it's history not only as the pinnacle of a Philmont trek but as the signal as to how far from Santa Fe you are is just awesome, the hike up it was well worth the view from the...
- Log #17071 - by David Lee Butler on June 25, 2003I went as a part of Crew 608G2 in 2003. Philmont was one of the best experiences of my life, the Tooth of Time was an awesome experience. I almost didn't get the chance to get up the Tooth, on day 10...
- Log #17072 - by harry redfearn teal on Mar 01, 2003the group that camped below the peak the night before didn't put up a bear bag. we hiked through their camp about 9 am. there were shredded tents torn up food bags, bent backpacks, etc. a real mess.
- Log #17073 - by Nathan Leach on Nov 18, 2002I was a Koshare indian dancer, We spent the week at Philmont. I still bear a scar from a fall down a rock face. The only thing that stopped me was my arm and a tiny crack in the face that juted out...
- Log #17074 - by Jeff Laurendeau on Sep 19, 2002...Philmont is awesome...there is nothing else like it; experience it and then do it again...
- Log #17075 - by
Rich Wendling on Feb 15, 2002Ascended Tooth of Time on the last day of my Philmont trek with BSA Troop 332 of Hurst,Texas.