Mont-aux-Sources Trip Reports
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 12 trip reports for Mont-aux-Sources.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22121 - by Adam Majchrzak on Jan 14, 2011At the time I was traveling in South Africa I didn't have any rock climbing experience which is a shame since Drakensberg mountains seem to be created for our sport! I took a detour on my way from...
- Log #21298 - by Sharon Heimann on June 02, 2008We did the 1 day hike, from the car park, up the chain ladders, across to the tugela falls, and back. We were a group of 6 adults and 2 children, my two sons, aged 7 and 8. It was fantastic and...
- Log #5730 - by
Dieter Gloeck on Sep 14, 2004Summit was done as part of the Mont Aux Sources Challenge, a mountain running race of 50 kilometres, starting in the Royal National Park at about 1,400 meters at 06:30 on 11 September 2004.
- Log #5731 - by Andrew on Aug 15, 2004Mont-aux-Sourses is by far the easiest way to get to the top of the Drakensberg escarpment with a round trip of just 5 hours. There are a few places to stay near by check out Witzieshoek Mountain...
- Log #14339 - by Mark Millar on Sep 25, 2003Went up via Angus Leppan! Grade 17 SA! The rock is not as great as one would like, but the position is awesome. Mass ascent by the WUMC crew.
- Log #5732 - by MaDMaN on Dec 29, 2002wot a place, i would certainly reccomend this! but i was wondering how it is ranked in the highest peaks in South africa?? someone told me it was the 2nd highest in ZA but i want to know for sure!
- Log #5733 - by Jonathan Rodney Swart on Sep 06, 2002This is something that if missed will be regretted for an eternal span of time. The view from what I think is the witches window is not something anyone should miss.
- Log #14340 - by Robby Kojetin on Jan 14, 2002An awesome time had by all on the "warm up" trip for the SA Scouts Three peaks Expedition.
- Log #14341 - by Walther Meyer & Andrew Misplon on Jan 13, 2002We summited at dusk and abseiled off in the dark. Magical and beautiful!
- Log #14342 - by james lea-cox on Mar 28, 2001after 4 summits and camping on the top all four times, i am still amazed by the beuty of the area and the spectacular view!
- Log #14343 - by Ryan Allderman on June 14, 2000A rope is advisable for the standard route. Don't forget to sign the summit log which is in a stainless steel container. Other routes offer excellent exposure but the rock quality is often bad, and...
- Log #5735 - by Justin de Vlieg on Nov 09, 1998Dead easy walk if you go via the chain ladder