Mulanje Trip Report (#20575)
- Signed By: Jurgen Wohlfarter
- Date submitted: January 04, 2007
- Date(s) climbed: 28.September 1995
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Back in 1995 I climbed solo which made my trip a very special one. I stayed at the Mulanje Doogels backpackers. The next day, after leaving the parks office in the afternoon I bivouaced on the accent path below the cable car route. The second night after summiting, I stayed at Chisepo Shelter 2km north west of Sapitwa. The next night was at Sombani Hut in the east of the mountain massive, a nice 20km/9h hike. On the last (4th) day on the mountain I hiked past Chinzama Hut and down a isolated valley to Likulezi Mission in the North where I hitched a ride back to Doogles lodge.