this mountain is my favorite because of the fraser valley.
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug|
|Year first climbed:||1888|
|First successful climber(s):||A. O. Campbell, Ebe B. Knight and party|
|Nearest major airport:||Vancouver International Airport|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Mount Cheam.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #17166 - by Steve & Regan Sproule on Oct 10, 2004A pretty short hike up from parking area on Chipmunk Creek FSR, 2 hours taking our time. First time up, will be back! Options await. Views are outstanding, weather was good, but the crowds were not...
- Log #17167 - by Davis Murray on Apr 11, 2003summited with three companions, a perfect day as far as weather is concerned. Sun refelcting off the snow was hot...climbing time from camp on the logging trail about 3 hours...about 6 feet of snow
- Log #17168 - by Greg Amos on Nov 14, 2002Our second attempt to hit the top of this peak. We just ran out of daylight the first time! Views from the first lookout were spectacular. The peak was also pretty dope. I can't say enough about the...
- Log #17169 - by Ryan on Sep 29, 2002climbed up roughly 2000 ft of the mountain, to view the sunset on the day of the harvest moon - with friends Darren, Carl and Suzy. It was a beautiful day, lending itself to a gorgeous sunset, and...
- Log #17170 - by John H. Wright on Sep 26, 2002I started out in early afternoon with clear skies. Nice trail, no problems encountered. Passed about 4 to 5 other parties already coming down. Had the summit all to myself.
- Log #17171 - by Matthew on Aug 22, 2002MT Cheam is just as dangerous as it is beautiful, Avalanches are very common in the winter and spring months, the safest route up cheam for this time of year is from Mt Archibald, snowshoe from this...
- Log #17172 - by Stacey Crawford on Aug 18, 2002Well, after 4 attempts to see the view from the summit -- I finally got a clear day! Worth every step to the top!