Aconcagua Trip Report (#21261)
- Signed By: Vincent Rocco of Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- Date submitted: April 21, 2008
- Date(s) climbed: 2/3/08-2/21/08
- Number of People Encountered:25-50 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Neutral
Do not underestimate this mountain. It is high, cold, windy and the weather is unpredictable. Take time to acclimatize. The biggest problem encountered was with people that thought they could walk up in two or three days. 4 out of 8 in our group made the summit which is higher than the 20-30% that is normal. We took seven days from base camp at Plaza Argentina to summit. The mountain is getting better but the climate does not encourage biodegradation so there is plenty of mule and human waste around. Practice LNT people!