|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Apr, May, Oct, Nov|
|Nearest major airport:||Kathmandu|
The top of the mountain is windblown and very bare, lower slopes under the summit are deep with snow. Nearby are some very nice Yurts for making a good base camp. The area's sunsets are beautiful. Nearby rise two other large peaks Mount Holly and Mount Baldy.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: . For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Island Peak.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22442 - by Sven Sjöberg on Oct 31, 2013My first "real" mountain
- Log #22029 - by julielilienkamp on July 31, 2010Need to be in great physical/athletic shape. This is a scramble on rock and boulders, then a glacier trek, followed by a 200 ft+ ice/snow wall (vertical), and snowridge to summit (300 ft+) all over...
- Log #21137 - by Norbert Fels on Dec 28, 2007Marvellous but hard trip
- Log #20748 - by Steven Hayes on Apr 20, 2007Started the climb at 1am and summitted at around 9am. Very pleasurable climb and beautiful at the summit.
- Log #20612 - by Stuart Clark on Jan 18, 2007There were five climbers in the group, myself, three sons, and another friend. The ice climb was long and exhausting. With fixed ropes we felt safe. Our sherpa guide was very good and cautious with...
- Log #20438 - by Jonas Spillmann on Oct 17, 2006There is a detailed description of the normal way ascent on my webpage at www.jonasspillmann.ch/islandpeak.htm.
- Log #17462 - by
Lewis Strasburg on May 02, 2004Delano is one of the peaks of Beaver High Adventure Base's "Three Peaks" program, and I climbed it in June as a ranger as part of my training on staff. We started early, as usual, and...