|Best months for climbing:||Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec|
|Year first climbed:||2002|
|First successful climber(s):||me|
|Nearest major airport:||Calvi/Nice|
route up great peak sets off from haut asco ski resort and follows red paint up good scramble to semi permanent ice field, lots of snow and ice in winter otherwise a good scramble in summer, great views of Corsica from summit, takes 4 hrs up and down another 3 unless in winter then slide down in 2
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: Tyrrhennian Islands, Italian Peninsula and Islands, or Europe. For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Monte Cinto.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22258 - by roger gaff on Nov 26, 2011Up from Haut Ascu after ascending from Calinzana, via d'Ortu Di U Piobbu and Carozzu on the Corsican Traverse. Nice day out with some remaining snow areas and low cloud over the summit area. Very...
- Log #20719 - by Harald B on Mar 31, 2007Telemark ski from Calacuccia via L'Erco.
- Log #18903 - by an anonymous user on Feb 14, 2006Ich bin im August 2005 auf den Monte Cinto gestiegen.Ich war alleine unterwegs und habe 3,5 Std. bis zum oberen Grad gebraucht.Die Sicht betrug zu diesem Zeitpunkt nur noch ca.
- Log #17495 - by Andrew Craig on July 15, 2004Andrew and David Craig climbed Monte Cinto from the south early in May 1994. There was plenty of wet snow around, and we were glad of our rope at one point. Lovely...
- Log #17497 - by
Sarah David Thomas Sophie Georges on Mar 31, 2004See story and pictures at the given URL
- Log #17498 - by Gely on June 22, 2003Long rock climbing, be aware of bad weather, we were five of us running down the Monte Cinto to save our lives from the storm that stroke that day.
- Log #17499 - by Rodric Jenkin on May 29, 2003This climb requires no more technical skill than rockclimbing and no climbing equipment/ropes etc. There is a campsite at the bottom which is very good with beautiful views. The campsite manager...
- Log #17500 - by Vincent Rouffaer on Jan 07, 2003Marvelous view on top but tough climb
- Log #17501 - by
Simon Gwyn Roberts on Jan 03, 2003From the north, Cinto is a long haul - but not as tedious as the guidebooks suggest. A spectacular gorge leads eventually to interesting scrambling on the summit ridge and fantastic views over this...