Nun Kun Trip Report (#18777)
- Signed By: Otto Schapendonk
- Date submitted: October 03, 2005
- Date(s) climbed: 02 october 2005
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Didn't reach the summit. Came to 7020m. Nun is not difficult, the climb is not really steep. But hence the distances are pretty long between the camp. We pitched our last camp, camp 3, at 6.485m. From there it took us 6,5 hours to reach our highest point. The last 100 meters, we didn't climb, are pretty steep (70 degrees). We had a great climb, though we didn't reach the summit. We were blessed with 10 days of pretty good wheather. Though the temperatures on the final climb were really low, helped now and then by a strong wind.