|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1804|
|First successful climber(s):||Joseph Pichler and party,, by command of, Archduke John of Austria|
|Nearest major airport:||Innsbruck, Austria, Venice, Italy|
|Convenient Center:||Sulden, Italy|
Cima Ortles is the highest peak in the Ortler Alps. Like many of the peaks in this compact range, Cima Ortles is well-glaciated and offers excellent snow and ice climbing routes from all directions.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 11 trip reports for Cima Ortles.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #19817 - by Christine Theodorovics on Sep 27, 2006Impressive mountain. Has to stop about 70m under the summit in white out. Steep aschen, icy and adventorous descent. Great Austro-Swiss-Italian team!
- Log #6015 - by Romolo Riboldi on Sep 24, 2003Climbed from Hintergrat route, descent on normal rote to Payer refuge. Weather perfect, not cold, on descent friend fall into crevasse, wrope hold him ! normal route is not so easy like I supposed !...
- Log #6016 - by Adam Bielecki on May 01, 2002Via North Face
- Log #6017 - by Adam on Dec 18, 2001North-face A difficult climb. Original lines are not the same anymore. The structure and condition of the upper ice-wall is different! Be careful
- Log #6018 - by
Stijn Willems on Nov 01, 2001Climbed Ertlweg with Peter Groenewegen. Went directly after summitting Northface to Payerhut. One week later: Went from Tabarettahut with Bram Groothuijsen via normalroute. Summitted and returned...
- Log #6019 - by Daniel Marosffy on Aug 14, 2001Very nice, variable climb on the normal route. Starts with slightly exposed rock, then with a bit of klettersteig it reaches the snow that leads up to the summit. All together its about 3-4 hours...
- Log #6020 - by Leto on Aug 13, 2001Nice mix climb, just don't forget to bring a piece of rope. We started from the Payer House.
- Log #6021 - by Adriano Petrachi on May 08, 2001The Ortles solo by the normal route.
- Log #6023 - by Uwe Hainlin on Oct 12, 1999Climb over Hintergrat. Lots of snow and a perfekt view form the top.
- Log #6024 - by Juergen Wein on Sep 22, 1999Nice peak. Rocks, ice and a fantastic view.
- Log #6025 - by Peter Groenewegen on Aug 17, 1999We climbed the north face