Crowsnest Mountain is an isolated Mountain that has a formidable appearance yet has a relatively easy route on it's north side.
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1904|
|First successful climber(s):||T.E. Wilson|
|Nearest major airport:||Calgary International|
|Convenient Center:||Coleman Alberta|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Crowsnest Mountain.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20264 - by an anonymous user on Aug 27, 2006This was an amazing yet intimidating climb for a moderate hiker such as myself. Very physical hike/scramble but even more mentally chalenging. Had perfect weather so there were relatively lots of...
- Log #17778 - by Elizabeth Latka on Mar 16, 2004How sweet. 14 years old, invitation from friend to spend week at Crowsnest Bible camp. To wake to view the sunrise, the Mighty Crow, the lake....breathtaking, unforgettable!!! Camped at the foot of...
- Log #17779 - by Ken Norris on Jan 12, 2004My son Jacob, My self and my good friend Mr.R. Snell Climed this mountain way back then, My son and R. Snell went up like mountain Goats but I had a slower time of it, Old dad syndrome, An exelent...
- Log #17780 - by
Robert on Sep 05, 2003Fun climb, a little dicey with fresh snow on the upper ridge.
- Log #17781 - by
abbie on Aug 30, 2003Really sweet, apparently with wonderful views. Unfortunately we spent the day in clouds and never had more than a hundred or so meters of visibility.. doh!
- Log #17782 - by Bruce Dunbar on May 30, 2003On an average year it would likely be best to attempt it a little later in the season. But as it went this year it was the perfect time to go. the snow cover made for good kick stepping on the way...
- Log #17783 - by Dan Reid on Mar 04, 2003Excellent day, we followed a group of five by half an hour. Met two groups that were on their way down - they had turned back just short of the summit. 3 hours to the top, and beautiful views all the...
- Log #17598 - by Tim L. Helmer on Jan 06, 2003Thanks Peakware for including this mountian in your summit logs. Crowsnest Mountain is an incredible place. I hope that anyone that lives near southern Alberta and likes to do this type of thing will...