|Best months for climbing:||Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Nov, Dec|
|Nearest major airport:||Clark International Airport, Baguio Domestic Airport|
|Convenient Center:||Baguio and Ambangeg, Benguet|
Thanks to dominick f. lacson for adding this peak.
There are several trails.Kabayan the killer trail, Ambangeg, Babadac the easiest.Mossy forest. The highlights are the grasslands after the forest. No trees , no rivers, no birds. Nothing but the sky and rolling hills.The summit has a rare grass that grows there which is similar to the edelweiss of the swiss alps(dwarf bamboo as they call it locally)The rare cloud rat is endemic to this area.Views are above the sea of clouds and the rolling mountain ranges. Temperatures have gone down to zero degrees Celsius with frost, light hail during the coldest months January and February. Guide, permits,seminar are required prior to climb. Well organized, safe and very clean.Trail is light with only short steep section on the final assault to the summit.Water sources available.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 33 trip reports for Mount Pulag.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20678 - by Cesar M on Feb 26, 2007It was a fairly easy hike to the campsite which is camp 2. We took our time to appreciate the mossy pine forest which is on the mountains shoulders. We started our hike to the summit at 4:00 am just...
- Log #18755 - by Nelson on Feb 14, 2006The climb is hard but it's worth it. My last two climbs was through my jeep but not along easy Ambangeg road. I made way through the very challenging offroad condition along the Caling-Bashoy road....
- Log #17857 - by Linus G. Escandor II on Nov 11, 2004Mt. Pulog is one of my favorite mountain to climb...Maganda kumuha ng pics. check my pulog pics at www.photonski.
- Log #17859 - by NORMAN RUBIO on Nov 08, 20041996 nang una naming naakyat ang mt.pulag, next year aakyatin namin uli........the best ang mt.pulag
- Log #17861 - by medz on Nov 07, 2004la lang ang saya saya!! he he he malamig.
- Log #17862 - by CENON COSTALES JR on Oct 20, 2004I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO CLIMB A MOUNTAIN ESPECIALLY MT. PULAG, TO SEE HOW OUR BELOVED COUNTRY BOAST ITS BEAUTY AND BIO-DIVERSITY. AND THINK HOW CAN WE SAVE AND CONSERVE THESE GIFTS FROM GOD.
- Log #17863 - by Abe Bayquen on Oct 13, 2004It's been years since i've been to Pulag, to this day, the pictures in my mind are still very clear.
- Log #17864 - by Ethel on Oct 12, 2004The best peak ive ever seen! Our group decided that Pulag be our venue for our annual climb :D
- Log #17865 - by halimaw trekkers on Oct 12, 2004"heaven is just 9000 ft above"
- Log #17894 - by dominick f. lacson on Oct 03, 2004Went 2 years in a row. One of the best scenic if not the most and coldest mountain in the Philippines. It has been known to frost and some hail during the coldest months on Jan and Feb. Light trail...
- Log #17866 - by Lee Roy Anthony M. Sarmiento on Aug 18, 2004A very imposing mountain, but the view and environment is awesome!
- Log #17868 - by ZALDY on July 09, 2004ME AND MY FRIENDS ARE ALL PROUD TO CONQUER MT PULAG VIA AKIKI, VIA HALSEMA-KABAYAN-AMBANGEG TRAIL.. LET US PRESERVE MT PULAG FOR THE NEXT GENERATION.. THE EXPERIENCE THERE IS VERY DIFFERENT... THANK...
- Log #17869 - by wolf on July 08, 2004At last the summit marker was removed by the Kalanguya tribesmen. We suggest to the management of the park superintendent and the ranger station following on our petition for the marker be removed...
- Log #17870 - by Gerald R. Valeña on July 07, 2004Mt. Pulag is one of my favorite mountains. It has a unique characteristics, amazing. It has a golden brown grass that you will tell it was dry, but its not. That is its real color.
- Log #17871 - by michael on July 07, 2004im just an occasional climber who wishes to see the below on top of high places...but this time AKIKI TRAIL was one of the most unforgettable climb i have ever had...Y?...we never expected a 90...
- Log #17872 - by Christopher Uson on May 16, 2004I was swept with the SEA of CLOUDS. 6 degrees! Long journey to the jump-off but worth it! See you at the top!
- Log #17873 - by ian on May 14, 2004Aug. 21-25 2003 the very memorable days because this the first time i climb MT Pulag via TAWANGAN_Ambangeg trail the best because my training climb before MT pUlag is MT Amuyao the best talaga ang...
- Log #17874 - by christopher on May 14, 2004its so beautiful and wonderful GODS creation!!!! i want to go back again, i can't imagine i've been there. wow!
- Log #17875 - by Marife Miravalles on May 05, 2004Akiki trail? can't explain kung gaano kahirap. ang alam ko lang nakayanan namin and experience encountered is priceless. Bilib ako sa kids ko. Next time, akyat kami ulit!!! SANA.
- Log #17876 - by JEN on Apr 01, 2004"Sea of Clouds!!!" The best summit i've ever been!!! akiki trail is the best! really a killer trail! (but its worth it)... (next year we'll try the tawangan trail-ayos din daw)...
- Log #17877 - by Marius Gerard Castigador on Apr 01, 2004Try the Tawangan trail! This trail is the longest in Mt. Pulag. It took us three days before reaching the summit! akiki trail is the best trail for descent! Tlagang killer trail to! Siguradong...
- Log #17878 - by Jennifer G. Cuaresma on Mar 28, 2004We took the Akiki trail, the pamatay or killer trail, sabi nga nila..This is the best trail, you will be amazed at the wonders of God's creation. When we reached the summit, lahat ng pagod namin...
- Log #17880 - by madz manarin on Jan 20, 2004the greatest summit!!!
- Log #17881 - by rona almazora on Jan 20, 2004MT.Pulag, my ever unexplainable climb i ever had.
- Log #17882 - by Catherine Lasbacan on Jan 15, 2004Mt. pulag Summit is the most beautiful and relaxing peak I've ever reached. how I wish i could go back there everyday.
- Log #17883 - by 123 on Jan 14, 2004summit in less than 10 hrs via akiki
- Log #17885 - by CENON COSTALES JR on Dec 28, 2003It's the best summit I've ever reached. You're on Top of the World!!!!!!!! try Akiki trail... THE BEST!
- Log #17886 - by JONI BONIFACIO on Nov 20, 2003MY SOLO CLIMB MT.PULAG DEC. 16-18,2002 VERY NICE AND AND ROMANTIC PLACE I THINK I WELL VISIT AGAIN...
- Log #17888 - by Rynor on Sep 25, 2003The Akiki trail gives the person a chance to ask himself why he enjoys mountaineering. The entire experience will forever be retained in your memory. Memories that are encrypted in your dead feet...
- Log #17889 - by ian on Sep 21, 2003I'm proud to first ever climb in MT PULAG because we use the GREAT Tawangan Trail sobra hindi siya ganun kahirap but it worth it with the view parang pinaghalong Ambangeg at Akiki Trail about 1 1/2...
- Log #17890 - by Charles Henri Molintas on Aug 23, 2003Ang sarap matulog sa open tent doon!!!! I am a proud Ibaloi... Ang sarap bumalik... Kahit na sa paa ng Pulag ang bahay namin... Mas maganda kung punta kayo sa Ambulalakao Lake kung pupunta kayo sa Mt.
- Log #17891 - by GLENN FLORES on July 14, 2003pamatay ang bukig trail!!!pero sarap sa grasslands at peak!!!yeah!
- Log #17892 - by Marie B. on May 03, 2003God's creations are awesome! A friend and I argued while going up the mountain about 3 things: (1) Mt. Pulag's development (She thought the Philippine government should impose infrastructure upon the...