Travel south to Johor along the North South Expressway and make an exit at the Tangkak Interchange. Follow the direction of Sagil and you will reach a recreational park. You will hardly miss the mountain. Gunung Ledang Resort is located there for those who need a vacation and rest. This is the highest mountain in Johor and it needs around 5-6 hours to reach the peak. So, if you are trying to submit it within 1 day...do make sure that you start to climb at around 7am. The 1st part of the trail is quite easy. There are few camp sites along the trail. Until you reach a place called Gua Kambing, the trail becomes quite difficult. Ropes are provided along the trail to aid trekkers. So, it is advisable to bring a pair of glove. Just be careful after Gua Kambing. The scenery is fantastic near the peak, but not at the peak because it is exposed to direct sunlight.
|Best months for climbing:||Jan, Feb, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Dec|
|Nearest major airport:||KLIA|
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: . For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Gunung Ledang (Mount Ophir).
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #17961 - by Eric Lau on Sep 22, 2004Gunung ledang located in tangkak johor, some called it mt ophir. this mt is guarded n upgraded to taman negara already, so u need to register and get a permit to climb it, u need to get a guide as...
- Log #17962 - by tajul on July 31, 2004gunung ledang...mmm i have reach the top 2 times...at bukit botak, where fern is all around me..i can see a cloud and mist flying in front of me.
- Log #17963 - by Y.T. Cheong on July 23, 2004For the past ten years I've climbed G.Ledang using the Sagil route, six times with my son. Each time we summited and spent two nights there. It's such a wonderful place that I would always feel the...
- Log #17965 - by nurul fuziana on Apr 27, 2004i really like this gunung ledang. the place is beutiful and fully historical area. gunung ledang resort prepared u a very good renjers and services. congratulations.
- Log #17966 - by Michael Tan on Mar 23, 2004It took 3hrs 15 mins to reach the summit starting from the Ranger Station. Funny thing is, it took us the same time to get back down...
- Log #17967 - by rashidah maqbool on Jan 26, 2004we`ve reached the summit on 22/01/04....at about 3pm.....great hike n a very fantastic view this is my 2nd time climbing this mountain....but im sure i`ll be back
- Log #17968 - by Eric Chooy on Jan 10, 2004It is a very nice mountain to hike. We went there on 30 August 2003 and we camp a night at CP4 before moving up to the peak the next morning. I was quite a bad night because it was raining heavily...
- Log #17969 - by Mokhtar on Apr 10, 2003We camped at the summit and spend the night before descending the next day via Asahan, Melaka. I half dreamt or was not dreaming when I came out of my tent to greet a woman visitor in baju kebaya...
- Log #17970 - by Cityhunters on Jan 17, 2003very tough~~ the road is bad~~` ^_^