NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 15 trip reports for Mount Yamnuska.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21312 - by John Horne on June 16, 2008The mountain is one of the most easily reached peaks from Calgary. It is a moderate hike through the woods for the first half of the climb with many great viewpoints on the way up. At the halfway...
- Log #20788 - by Rene Boisselle on May 26, 2007All recommended, good rock as per Rockies standard, some good and steep leads. Forbidden corner, red shirt, Grillmair, Calgary, Calgary, Directissima, Corkscrew, pangolin, shuftee (FFA),...
- Log #19401 - by Maria on June 04, 2006This was my first summit and it was amazing. It was scary at parts, but the accomplishment was well worth it. I have really never hiked before and I was able to make it to the summit, and the people...
- Log #19163 - by Dow Williams on Feb 15, 2006I have climbed Yam many times, but chose to add my Easy Street beta as a summit log at Peakware. Once you make the hump to the base of the wall, Easy Street is one of several variations towards the...
- Log #17974 - by
eric macht on Aug 23, 2004great scramble....hope to climb it when my skills better!
- Log #17975 - by Dylan Ferris on Aug 15, 2004Well we went up the west side. It was a blast trying to get up and also the scree skiing is AMAZING!!!!
- Log #17976 - by Jeff Chrumka on July 15, 2004Enjoy the view and take lots of water!
- Log #17977 - by
Joel Wellpert on Nov 13, 2003Great climb. Lots of cool routes. Some great limestone.
- Log #17978 - by
Bill Sutton on Oct 05, 2003Willa and I thought this outing was entertaining. It was a nice mix of numerous scramble elements that kept us interested at all times. Not hard to see why it's so popular with mountain enthusiasts...
- Log #17979 - by Sheldon on Oct 05, 2003The Yam is like a playground it has everything you could ever ask for exept for elevation. Great scrambling,scree skiing,bouldering,some what of a ridgewalk,hiking and of course climbing.
- Log #17980 - by
Mike on Sep 03, 2003My very first multi-pitch climb. Had great weather (especially for mid october). No leading for me, just seconding up. Pretty easy climb, with just one short 5.
- Log #17981 - by Brett Johnson on July 01, 2003Great hike, but not for the beginner. We started up taking the West route, bad decision. Too much skree and very hard going. Coming down was a breeze though.
- Log #17982 - by Rene Boisselle on June 30, 2003Fantastic rock climbing routes (forbidden corner, chockstone corner, missionnaries crack, belfry, shuftee, directissima, red shirt, corkcrew, unamed, pangolin, necromancer, dick's route, smeagol,...
- Log #17983 - by Rob Davidson on Jan 20, 2003A great easy scramble with good views of the front ranges and eastern plains.
- Log #17984 - by Tim L. Helmer on Jan 09, 2003This is an easy scramble with one difficult exposed section that has two options. A down climb or a traverse on a narrow ledge. Views of the Bow River Valley and the parries are excellent.