From downtown Kuala Lumpur, travel south to Cheras. After Phoenix Plaza, heading to the direction of Kajang. After paying the toll, you will notice a signboard stated Air Terjun Sg. Gabai on your left hand side. Turn left, then drive along and you will reach a junction with traffic light. You will notice a police station on your right hand side. Turn left and follow the direction of Pekan Batu.18. Go staright and after 20-30 minutes, you will reach Pangsun which is very near the entrance. Ask someone there and they will show you the way to the entrance.
You have to walk around 60 to 90 minutes to the foothill depending on your fitness from the car park. The foothill is called Kem Lolo where you could see Orang Asli there. The watergate/floodgate could be spotted too. Then, it's all the way up until you reach a place called Dataran Pacat where campers stay. The trail becomes tougher after this.
The view from the peak is not so great compare to other mountains but the satisfaction is great. It is possible to trek up and down within 10 hours from the car park if you are fit and the path condition is dry.
|Best months for climbing:||Jan, Feb, May, Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Nearest major airport:||KLIA|
|Convenient Center:||Hulu Langat|
Thanks to Kevin Teh for adding this peak.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: . For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Gunung Nuang.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21800 - by crazygal81 on Nov 04, 2009The view from the peak is nothing to shout about but I found Nuang's trail interesting. It was a challenging hike and was tougher on our way down due to the heavy rain. The trail was muddy and...
- Log #17989 - by Chuah on July 11, 2004i been there more than 20 time. u all dive up the make the place worst.
- Log #17990 - by William Ng on Feb 25, 2004Better camp at peak or leeches paradise. LOLO is too crowded. Night time still got big party.
- Log #17991 - by Jeson Ng on July 07, 2003ODT (One Day Trip) 25/05(ODT)(Sunny): 9am, reached the first waterfall with my father(83kg) and 3 friends of him with Toyata Perado.2pm, reached summit.(Damn!It's a Gunung Sampah la.....) ...
- Log #17992 - by nazzly ariff on June 09, 2003saya memang suka mendaki gunung nuang.segalanya bermula pada May 1998.sewaktu itu saya masih bersekolah ditingkatan 4.pertama kali pergi ke sana memang memenatkan.
- Log #17993 - by Razmanizal Razali - RR on June 04, 2003Hi assalamualaikum.. sebagai seorang pendaki anda mungkin telah menjejaki kaki ke puncak gunung nuang sebelum ini. Nuang merupakan sebuah gunung yang tertinggi di negeri Selangor. Nuang boleh di...
- Log #17994 - by alti sani on June 03, 2003i would definitely go up there again, and if possible, camp at the peak. when, emmm... some time soon, i hope.
- Log #17995 - by Eric on Mar 20, 2003I had been there for 2 times. First time all the way to the peak and come down within one day. WOW! very tiring. For the second time my friends and I just camp at LOLO.
- Log #17996 - by Cityhunters on Jan 17, 2003I went there 2 times liao~ the journey for the first is very very tiring~ but second time is ok~ ^_^