|Best months for climbing:||Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec|
|Year first climbed:||N/A|
|First successful climber(s):||N/A|
|Nearest major airport:||Manchester|
|Convenient Center:||Hayfield or Edale|
Thanks to Pete L; for adding this peak.
Many routes to the top. Footpaths and Bridalways. The first climb on the "Pennine Way Long Distance Path" on its way from Edale to Scotland. Peat bogs to contend with and gritstone rock formations. Famous for the Kinder Mass Trespass of 27 April 1932. Visit http://www.cressbrook.co.uk/walks/walk07.htm for pictures and a route.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Kinder Scout.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #18164 - by Neil Coates on June 10, 2004I have climbed this mountain many times from most of the main routes. My favourite route is up Crowden Clough, starting at the Barber booth car park. Follow the stream and boulders all the way to the...
- Log #18165 - by Dave Fairclough on June 08, 2004Have been going up Kinder probably at least 10 times a year for the past six years and still love it to bits!!! One of the only places I know that you can get snow and freezing cold conditions in the...
- Log #18166 - by Sean Cooper on June 06, 2004I only took up hillwalking seven weeks ago, and after four lesser 4 hour walks in nearby Lyme Park, felt ready to let a friend guide me and my 14 year old son over Kinder from near the Grouse Inn and...
- Log #18167 - by
John Walmsley on May 24, 2004Is jacobs ladder the steep ascent that you climb if you walk from the Hayfield side of Kinder. Both myself and my girlfriend have walked it before and neither of us are sure that what we think of as...
- Log #18168 - by andrew hunter on May 23, 2004A great introduction to this impressive plateau is to walk from Hayfield up the side of Kinder Reservoir and then onto the edge of Kinder Scout. Walk southeast-ish along the ridge and over the...
- Log #18169 - by andrew hunter on May 23, 2004The edale horseshoe is a fairly straight forward walk in good weather, but a bugger in thick fog and driving rain. After getting up jacobs ladder there are hundreds of opportunities to wander in the...