A very scenic hike in the wilds of Yellowstone NP. Two main trails leading to the summit, both of which see a lot of tourist traffic.
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Nearest major airport:||Jackson Hole, WY|
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: . For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 5 trip reports for Mount Washburn.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22326 - by Parag Ahire on June 30, 2012The best hike within Yellowstone National Park that provides awesome views in all directions. Grand Teton can be seen towards the south with the Yellowstone plateau and the Grand Canyon of the...
- Log #21722 - by Ryan Meral on July 28, 2009Easy all the way up to the fire station at the summit. Really nice. Great views. Some a bunch of Big Horned Sheep, a couple marmots and some pikas.
- Log #20554 - by Jonathan Wong on Dec 24, 2006The hike was excellent! There were many nationalities of people on the trip, including Japanese and German, beautiful wildflowers, and great views of the Yellowstone Canyon and the Teton Mountains....
- Log #19670 - by Tim on Sep 27, 2006I had not at this time stood on anything 10,000+ ft so this seemed like an easy way to get there - turns out it's a little too easy going. The views are pretty but not spectacular - Yellowstone is...
- Log #18292 - by X on June 12, 2003A great hike. Ascended via one trail, descended via another. Coming down on the Chittendon Trail, the members of my party had a minor encounter with a grizzly, who at first looked at us curiously,...