Mount Tate Trip Report (#21404)
- Signed By: Richard Bedard and Diane Sheppard
- Date submitted: August 29, 2008
- Date(s) climbed: 28/8/2008
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
This was a winter climb with several metres of snow on the ground. At 2068M the peak is several hundred metres above the tree line and has vast areas of snow to ski on without any impediment except the vary occassional rock outcrop. The dam at Guthega is clearly seen from the peak and the dam is directly in line with the peak so that it can be seen as you cross the dam to travel up Guthega Creek. It's a big day trip to do in a day if you're prone to rush. I recommend staying in a snow cave or a tent on the top and coming back the next day so that you can enjoy the views and maybe do a ski in the moonlight if it's fine.