|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Calgary|
Thanks to Rob Davidson for adding this peak.
Mt. Allan is located in Kananaskis Country and can be accessed from either the Ribbon Creek parking lot (Hwy #40) or Dead Man Flat parking (Hwy #1). The area is closed April 1st - June 21st each year for lambing. Total elevation gain is 1415m. The trail is straight forward and the mountain can be traverse from either direction using the Centennial Ridge trail. No scrambling techniques are needed, only a good comfortable footwear and extra water.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Mount Allan.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #19457 - by Michael on June 26, 2006Mt Allan is described as an easy walk in all the books I have read.. But what they dont mention is the almost one mile in elevation gain. The first 2 kilometers of the hike is a fast 45 mins of...
- Log #18497 - by Ron Dyck on Aug 13, 2004This was my first climb of any kind.I was asked to join my Cousin Dorothy Schwabe + her husband Dave.I left the choice of which climb we took up to them.Well it was very difficult but we pushed up...
- Log #18498 - by Patrick And Naomi Humenny on Aug 02, 2004warm day, legs a bit sore from mountain biking at Chester Lake Trails on Friday. Run/Scramble up took 2:25, run/slip down took 1:33. Beautiful 360 degree views, nice breeze, fun, fun, fun!
- Log #18499 - by Jeremy Walls on Aug 02, 2004I've lived in K-Country nearly a year and this is my first summit of the local peaks. I opted to head down the ski hill on the way down. I don't recommend this unless you know of an easier route than...
- Log #18500 - by
jay fuller on July 01, 20044th time up. two hours 6min to the summit from ribbon.one hour 50 min down.
- Log #18501 - by
Tim L. Helmer on Oct 11, 2003Mount Allan is has two hiking routes to the top. It also is home to The Nakiska Ski Area. A traverse can be mad as well as including neighboring Mount Collembola.
- Log #18502 - by Craig Knelsen on Aug 16, 2003From the Ribbon Creek trailhead, a strenuous hike to an imposing rock step but this is easily ascended on the right (north) through a gully and some ledges. A few minutes later, you're walking on the...
- Log #18503 - by Rob Davidson on Aug 16, 2003This is great trail and could easily become one of my favorites. The traverse from Dead Man Flat to Ribbon Creek is straight forward, but it looks like very few people do the entire traverse, opting...