Snowmass Mountain Trip Report (#21384)
- Signed By: Michael & Ashley Boone of Dallas, TX, USA
- Date submitted: August 15, 2008
- Date(s) climbed: 08-15-2008
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Neutral
We camped at Snowmass Lake and began the summit climb at 5:30am. The majority of the hike is over loose rocks and scree which makes it a long and difficult journey, very different from other 14ers we have hiked. The final portion of the hike is scaling the ridge towards the summit and can be dangerous. It is a challenging hike, but the view from a 14er always makes it worth it!