|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||lake placid|
|Convenient Center:||lake placid|
Thanks to steve miller for adding this peak.
excellent views of high peaks region/clear rock summit/easy for beginners
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 5 trip reports for Cascade.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21401 - by Miroslav Ivkovic on Aug 27, 2008A steady incline but a very enjoyable short hike to an exposed, rocky summit. 360 degree views and one of the most scenic in the high Peaks. Excellent adventure for young and old and over 2,000...
- Log #20465 - by precision on Oct 31, 2006I hiked the trail in Feb '06. . . Beautiful hike to the top. . . all along the way, ice and snow. . . take your crampons! A lot of ice covered rocks in the trail/gully.
- Log #18608 - by STEVE MILLER on Oct 08, 2004Heavy rains and thunderstorms-cleared long enough for some pictures at summit-great climb
- Log #18609 - by STEVE MILLER on Dec 11, 2003light snow nite before climb,14 degrees F at base very strong winds on summit/hard to stand upright. views were great.
- Log #18610 - by STEVE MILLER on Oct 23, 2003clear summit weather/cool with approx.50mph winds