NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Mount Ypsilon.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #19293 - by Peter Werkowitch on Sep 27, 2006Amazing. Oh top, I could see everything and I felt so energized. Toward the back of the peak, is a huge valley sitting between two ranges. I can't wait to go back.
- Log #7218 - by John Shields on July 28, 2004The approach to Ypsilon is fairly long from the east side, 5 miles to Ypsilon Lake at the base of the eastern face. Deep pockets of snow remain into summer in the shady gullies surrounding the...
- Log #7210 - by
Christoph Wehs on Oct 03, 2003Nice climb. Good weather on our ascent up the mountain. Little windy on the way down.
- Log #7211 - by Peter & Ben Alexander on Aug 29, 2003Peter, Linda & Ben (10) Alexander climbed Mts. Chiquita & Ypsilon with Kirsten & Forrest Weger via the trail from the Chapin Pass Trailhead on Fall River Road. This is a walk-up route...
- Log #7212 - by Chris Reed on May 25, 2003It was a fun hike, it looks as though it would be relatively easy to climb two other 13ers besides Ypsilon all in one day. The views are amazing from the top.
- Log #7214 - by Patrick Spook on Aug 29, 2001This hike i think had the best views from anywhere in RMNP it was very beautiful and cool
- Log #7215 - by Jeff & Tammy Godin on Aug 28, 2001Great views from the summit - glacier gorge, never summer range. It was our first 13er.
- Log #7216 - by Jim Lombard on June 22, 2001Climbed with AMC group of 11, 7 of us made the summit. One of the most spectacular hikes I've ever done. Windy and cold but clear.
- Log #7217 - by
Bernhard Fleisch on Jan 23, 2001I ascended this peak with my friends Marco Klocker and Thomas Neubacher by ski. We were on top at noon and had a wonderful round view on the mountains of the region. The valleys were covered with an...