Mount Whitney Trip Report (#21718)
- Signed By: Robert Winters
- Date submitted: July 20, 2009
- Date(s) climbed: 08/01/08
- Number of People Encountered:50+ people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
I started my day hike alone at 4:30AM and made the Summit in 6 hours ( you hike faster when not talking )I passed over 45 people before the Trail Crest and stopped counting to Whitney peak...I spent 1 hour on top and then made it back to Whitney Portal in 4 hours ( I ran 30 minutes of hike and a very fast pace down). My CamelBack Mule had 26 pounds of mostly water.