NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Iliniza Sur.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21905 - by Christian Rodriguez on Feb 18, 201015 climbers begun to climb this mountains, was a difficult and technical climb so just 5 succesfully got the summit. Awesome climb!!
- Log #21834 - by Crix on Nov 28, 2009Great climb, with an awesome view of Illinizas, Cotopaxi, and the valleys. A most do when you go climbing in Ecuador, not that difficult. Only a lot of wind...
- Log #21425 - by Igor Cazes on Sep 09, 2008Illiniza Sur was my first big peak in Ecuador.I summited with my friend Alexandre and mountain guide Osvaldo in a windy and total whiteout morning. It took us 4hours from the hut at 4700m.#hs from...
- Log #16089 - by Ben Boykin on Jan 12, 2004Kevin Siebke & I climbed La Rampa or a variation thereof, to El Hongo, and descended the Ruta Normal.
- Log #16090 - by Bretton Adams on Mar 05, 2002Climbed Illiniza Sur via the North Face Direct Route. Virtually no snow on the glacier, all ice. This made for great protection but more difficulty on the moderate terrain. Finished with a tough rock...
- Log #16091 - by Jean-Francois Lapierre on Jan 23, 2002Iliniza sur is perfect. Not so high. Not so technical.Not so long walk.
- Log #16092 - by Jon Zigmond on Dec 10, 2001Not difficult - not really technical. I left the refuge at 3.00am and summitted in the cold and dark at 5.30am. (After 10 minutes on the summit I was back at the refuge for 6.