NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Grand Cornier.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22004 - by roger gaff on July 12, 2010This was a very enjoyable traverse of the mountain after an overnight stay at the wonderful refuge Dent Blanche which is unmanned. We ascended the interesting South ridge to the summit and descended...
- Log #8506 - by
G Lemmen on Sep 03, 2003very nice climb in sollid rock ( on the ridge ) also the biwak on the col is fantastic. there aren't many climbers on this mountains. most of them go's to the summits above 4000 m. we climbed this...
- Log #8507 - by roger gaff on July 14, 2003A very enjoyable mountain traverse from the delectable refuge at the Dent Balnche col over the top with a descent to the Moiray hut. A grand and rewarding day out with the Speyside folks!!
- Log #8508 - by James Cox on Sep 06, 2000Nice route - lots of tiny pinnacles. Scary descent.
- Log #8509 - by E. N. CORNIER on June 18, 2000WAS LOOKING FOR HISTORY ON MY FAMILY NAME. I SAW YOUR PHOTO AND WAS VERY IMPRESSED. IF YOU HAVE ANY HISTORY AND/OR INFO ON HOW THAT MOUNTAIN GOT THE NAME OF CORNIER, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL. THANK YOU
- Log #8510 - by Mike Green on Apr 26, 1999A brilliant alpine day with noone else on the mountain, or even in sight. We climbed the North-West ridge from the Moiry hut. This is an easy glacier ascent followed by around 400m. of...