Mount Persis Trip Report (#21467)
- Signed By: Jon Slater of Everett, WA, USA
- Date submitted: October 10, 2008
- Date(s) climbed: 10/10/08
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
I can definitely see why this is not a hike well-known climb. The trail is incredibly sporadic and almost nonexistent in places. Climbs very sharply for the first 1/3. Ran into 2 to 4 inches of snow at about 3500-4000 feet. Crossing some of the boulder fields requires a sharp eye for markers other climbers leave behind (small piles of rocks every so often). Trail is hard to follow near the ponds about 500 feet below the summit, but past those it's a fairly good shot to the summit. Took ~4.5 hours there/back. Watch out for logging trucks on the forest road. It's still a great climb, few people if any.