|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1865|
|First successful climber(s):||P. Grohmann|
|Nearest major airport:||Ronchi dei Legionari , (Udine, Friuli)|
Ultima montagna dolomitica prima della catena del carso Ë la pi alta montagna della zona. Conviene partire dal rifugio Tolazzi (1310 m.)presso Collina (Friuli) e prima di arrivare al rifugio Lambertenghi-Romanin svoltare a destra per un tratto roccioso. Poi un lungo ghiaione e un ultima parte di roccia. Nell'intero tragitto non c'e bisogno di attrezzatura. Bellissimo panorama!
Also known as Hohe Warte, Coglians is the highest mountain of the Carnic Alps, located on the border of Italy and Austria. It's better to leave from ref. Tolazzi (1310 m.), near Collina (Friuli) and before to reach to ref. Lambertenghi-Romanin turn on the right for a part of climb. Then a long part of gravel and a last part of climb. Don't need equipment. Beautiful view !
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 5 trip reports for Coglians.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #9101 - by Renato Cignini on Oct 26, 2003Direct from north face cloudy and windy ,disent from south face with improved weather together with enrico merluzzi. At 60 we are still going strong.
- Log #9102 - by elio copetti on June 30, 2003Some photos: http://www.arteadesso.org/elio_copetti/foto/coglians/coglians.htm
- Log #9103 - by Armando Corvini on June 14, 2003With a Group of Boyscout from Trieste, we climbed the Via Normale. We summited in completed white out.But for me it was a wonderful time, I decided then I was going to become a climbers for life, I...
- Log #9104 - by Alek Makovec on Oct 19, 2000La ferrata nord e' molto discontinua e lunghi tratti sono sprotetti. La roccia e' friabile e piu' di una volta abbiamo dovuto schivare rocce della dimensione di un pallone da calcio. Vista stupenda...
- Log #9105 - by Joris Dijkstra on Jan 25, 2000It was a nice climb, we had beautiful weather. However, above the clouds surrounded us and we couldn't see anything anymore.....