|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1823|
|First successful climber(s):||G.B.Defey, L.Cerise|
|Nearest major airport:||Torino|
Beautiful mountain rising just over the nice Aosta town. located in the western Alps. There are many routes leading to the top. The easiest and more common one starts from the skistation Pila (1.870 m). A marked path takes to the blue Chamole lake, crosses the Chamole pass, descends to Arbole lake and following the valley gains, after a small wonderful lake, the ridge. From this point with some easy scrambling it's possible to get to the top (3.559 m.).It takes about 6 hr. from Pila to Emilius, but it's available for a 2 days-trip an accommodation in a new cabin close to Arbole lake. Wonderful view of the most important peaks of the Alps (M.Bianco, Gr.Combin, Cervino/Matterhorn, M.Rosa...).
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Monte Emilius.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #9632 - by Alexander Haupt on Sep 06, 2004Very nice advanced walk. Quite cloudy this day. I can recommend the Rifugio Arbolle.
- Log #9633 - by Simone on Aug 02, 2002Fatta con mio padre (io ho 14 anni).Bella vista da sopra (peccato aver preso una giornata con un po' di nubi).Una sfacchinata se realizzata in giornata da Pila (cosa da noi fatta)!Ideale è fermarsi...
- Log #9634 - by
Uwe Hover on July 10, 2002Climbed the top on a weekend-tour, starting from the new and extraordinary comfortable rif. alp arbole. Although the weather was very ugly (snowing, rumoring) I reached the top and had a very...
- Log #9635 - by Dumont Christophe on Dec 06, 2001Starting from Gimillan passing the Col Garin at 7.00 am then going through the valley up to the Colle des Trois Capucins.The ridge in july is very easy and there's no really objective difficulty...
- Log #9636 - by Bart Bos on Aug 17, 2000We gained the Monte Emilius as part of a four-day hiking tour, starting in Guimilian, near Cogne. We approached to top from the East, after spending the night along one of three beautiful lakes. The...
- Log #9637 - by Jaap van der Velde on Jan 04, 2000From Brissogne, along Laures and Passo di Tre Cappuccini it is a magnificent 3000 m. climb. In 2 days, no tourists, good campground. Superb panorama, with most of the highest peaks of the Alps. (The...
- Log #9638 - by Marco Borello on Oct 02, 1999Bella e selvaggia montagna che domina le vallate intorno ad Aosta. Ho avuto la fortuna di conquistarla in una bella giornata e ho cosi potuto ammirare un bel panorama.