|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1948|
|First successful climber(s):||Elvin & Norma Johnson and William & Kathy Long|
|Nearest major airport:||Seattle, WA|
|Convenient Center:||Leavenworth, WA|
Thanks to Fred Spicker for adding this peak.
Colchuck Peak is located southwest of Colchuck Lake and west of Colchuck Glacier in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. The northern flanks of the granitic peak are steep and alpine. The southern flank is relatively gentle. There are several high points. The western most is the summit.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Colchuck Peak.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #10024 - by Jim Younkin on Aug 30, 2004Me and a friend Richard Smith climbed it up the Glacier to the left of it and then to the Summit. We had a great view of Stuart, Sherpa etc. We spent a cold bivwack the night before, it was well...
- Log #10025 - by Fred Beavon on June 20, 2003Arriving on Colchuck at 11am after leaving the car at 6:40am and having alreay done Dragontail, I decided to do the Southwest Peak of Dragontail. The Southwest Peak of Dragontail has a paragraph...
- Log #10026 - by Ian Nicholson on Aug 06, 2001We Started on the trail to Colchuck lake, From here you can see the col which is between Colchuck peak and drangon tail peak, From the lake we scrambled up large boulders (maybe 500-700 vertical feet...
- Log #10027 - by Brian Lasater on Aug 08, 2000Via Colchuck glacier....Just do it! Then cross over and do Dragontail and come down Aasgard, great loop.
- Log #10028 - by Michael Adamson on May 02, 2000Regular route with Nick Andersen from Bainbridge Island, WA. Climbed with no permit and got a $100.00 fine as a result. There wasn't anywhere else I would rather spend $50.
- Log #10029 - by Fred Spicker on June 14, 19991977 via the North Buttress with Monica Spicker. Staying directly on the crest rather than going 200 feet right (as suggested in Beckey) adds some nice 5th class climbing to the route. 1982 via the...