|Difficulty:||Major Mountain Expedition|
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Year first climbed:||1957|
|Nearest major airport:||Islamabad, Pakistan|
Thanks to Christopher Haddad for adding this peak.
Broad Peak is located approximately five miles from K2 along the Baltoro glacier. En route to base camp for Broad Peak, the twelfth highest mountain in the world, climbers and trekkers alike can visit the Gasherbrums, the Trangos, K2, and Chogolisa. On a good day, both Chogolisa and K2 can be seen from the upper reaches as well as from base camp of this extraordinary mountain. It's name was originally set as K3, as in the third mountain measured in the Karakoram range, right after the famed K2. But when on-lookers later viewed the peak in closer detail, they discovered that its summit was over a mile long, and hence the name Broad Peak.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 17 trip reports for Broad Peak.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #18819 - by Qudrat ali on Feb 14, 2006professional experince 1999 Broad peak (8047m)summit 2000 Gasherbrum 2 (8035m) " 2001 Nanga parbat (8125m) " 2002 Manaslu (8163m) 7600m 2003 Gasherbrunm 2 (8035m) summit 2004 Gasherbrum 1...
- Log #18880 - by Fritz Wintersteller on Feb 14, 2006The II. Attack to the Summit (June 9, 1957) Whit Sunday and no clouds in the sky. We could not have it any better. We leave the camp at 4:00. Until now we have the warmth of the sleeping bags in us.
- Log #10189 - by Nisar Hussain on Sep 09, 2004Dear Mountain lover and friends, Greeting and Salaam from Nisar Hussain. Well first of all I am thinks full to Allah and my friends who always support me and because of their prayers i got the...
- Log #10190 - by Rehmat ullah on Aug 07, 2004This was a joint Expedition(China-Pakistan)I was leading it from pakistan side and 7 chinies + 2 pakistanies reched the summit in 2 groups.i was in the first group with 3chinies on 30th june.the...
- Log #10191 - by Peter Goldman on June 30, 2004Climbed with Scott Fischer and Mt. Madness expedition.
- Log #10192 - by Nisar Hussain on Nov 18, 2003Greetings from Nisar Hussain from beauti full valley of Skardu Satpara!!! I am proud that i am the most youngest climber from Pakistan and it was the unforgetable movements when i summit G2 fisrt...
- Log #10193 - by Dave Hancock on Oct 26, 2003Our International Expedition succeeded in placing one member on the summit, Alex Tixxon. All other members made new personal height records, and several reached the ante summit at 7900m. We are...
- Log #10194 - by gary raybould on Mar 11, 2003THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR INFO AN THIS AND OTHER MOUNTAINS ,I AM DOING A PROJECT ON MOUNTAINS AT SCHOOL AND YOUR HELP IS GREAT. GA Z
- Log #10195 - by Zoltan Acs on Dec 09, 2002First Hungarian ascent with Laszlo MECS.
- Log #10196 - by Minoru Otsuki on Nov 27, 2002Small expedition with only 2 members. German lady Dr Andrea Lakatos und Japanese Minoru Otsuki summited on Cho Oyu without Mask. She is the sixth German woman on summit.
- Log #10198 - by Constantin Lacatusu on Oct 28, 2002It was the first Romanian 8000m ascent ! Very long and epic expedition with extremely bad weather on the mountain. My international team turned around and I choose to stay alone and made it to the...
- Log #10200 - by Markus Walter on Feb 18, 2002Great climb with the Alpine Club of saxony team. 3 of 5 reached summit, not any serious problem. Expedition report (German language) available at http://www.alpinclub.
- Log #10201 - by
Higinio Gonzalez on Sep 07, 2001Great climb, mostly on fixed lines, thou. We met climbers from six other expeditions and everyone made a good effort to clean after themselves, expect for the chinese-pakistani expedition. We found...
- Log #10202 - by
Lt. Col. Jawad Pirzada on Sep 01, 2001I climbed Broad Peak as part of an Army expedition with two fellow climbers. I followed this accent with Nanga Parbat in 1989 and Gashebrum II in 1995. I am currently organizing tours as the owner of...
- Log #10203 - by
Rodrigo Vial on Apr 30, 2001It was pretty much the smallest expedition that year. A three man team climbing in semi-alpine style. All three of us summitted, for the first Chilean Expedition on this mountain. What can I say? I...
- Log #10205 - by Frederick Ziel on Jan 14, 2000My 1st 8000-meter peak
- Log #10206 - by Xabier ROZAS ELIZALDE on Dec 23, 1999I was a member of Basque Broad Peak-99 Expedition leaded by Josu Pereda, and other members Mikel Arana, Jose Luis Martin, Joxemiel Aranzadi and Pablo Rozas. I climbed the mountain from Base Camp to...