|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Nearest major airport:||Lima|
Thanks to Mitja Zabukovec for adding this peak.
One of the easiest mountains in the range, usually used for acclimatization before climbing one of the 6000 meter peaks in Cordillera Blanca. Normal route is easy, trip Huaraz-Top of the Pisco-Huaraz takes 3 days.Fairly spectacular pyramidal peak, set right in the heart of the cordillera Blanca. The climb is almost entirely of snow after the first half hour. Reaching the summit on slopes of varying degrees, culminating in a tricky final ascent of a snow mushroom.
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Pisco in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 19 trip reports for Pisco.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22148 - by Silvia Mazzani on Mar 19, 2011Basic ice and snow climbing with a magnificent view from the top - Highly crevassed glacier
- Log #18768 - by Frederic Lavoie on Feb 14, 2006Nous l'avons fait en 5 jours aller-retour en autonomie complète. Beaucoup de précipitations de neige et d'avalanches dans les environs. Malheureusement, un de nos équipiers a du rester au camp de...
- Log #10211 - by Ludwig Brandner on Aug 11, 2004A great day!!! One of the best summits of Cordillera Blanca. Best way: Do not follow the ridge!! The best ist to go down left for about 30m and then up under a small icewall. You can see a trace....
- Log #10212 - by Steve Hysko on May 08, 2004Great day with Mike Thrift and Chris Ruby. Clear, we were the only team on the mountain!
- Log #10213 - by Nigel Yarwood on Feb 03, 2004awesome. Thanks to Cordillera Blanca Aventures for organising.
- Log #10214 - by Guy JADOT on Jan 15, 2004Sommet atteint par plusieurs membres de la section Cab hainaut, crevase du sommet praticable et pont de neige OK, Superbes conditions mètèo.Traversèe intègrale superbe.
- Log #10215 - by Lars Gottlieb Hansen on July 23, 2003I knocked off this nice summit on a beautiful day in July 2002 as part of an American expedition. The climb filled me with joy and fascination. And the reward for reaching the top was a great view...
- Log #10217 - by Allen Webb on Sep 05, 2002Beautiful trip. We saw wild vicuna at campo baso. Summit party included: Alan Pennington (died on K2 in 86), Dave Holmberg, Steve Dixson, Jill Carey, Jane Cummerford.
- Log #10218 - by Martin Lascano on July 02, 2002Intentamos la cara norte del Pisco Este. Salimos del Base de Laguna Parûn y luego de 4hs. llegamos por unas terrazas faciles y unas grandes lajas hasta el glaciar colgante que lleva hasta el col de...
- Log #10219 - by Ben Bonnaerens on May 18, 2002Apotheose after a 12day trek through the Santa Cruz valley and around Alpamayo. Our company of 4 , guided by first Belgian Seven Summitter Rudy Van Snick, reached the summit in beautiful weather...
- Log #10220 - by Thomas Landgraf on Jan 23, 2002We climed without guide - its easy to find the way of the S-W ridge (normal route). It was very nice climb with a wounderful view on the top (Alpamayo, Huascaran, Artesanraju, Huandoy and many more).
- Log #10221 - by Roberto Blasi on May 28, 2001No llegue hasta la cima pero fue una gran experiencia, lo intentare de nuevo. RB
- Log #10222 - by Paul Sanderson on Feb 08, 2001I will handglide from the top with a powered engine over to the Inca Trail, Macchu Picchu!
- Log #10223 - by Roland Haas on Nov 05, 2000This peak was our first highlight after an 8-day trekking tour as the one described above, although we found the mountain not so dramatic. Anyway, a wonderfull place to be! We continued to Tocclaraju...
- Log #10224 - by Andy & Michelle Kerry on Nov 04, 2000We spent the first 10 days trekking up the Santa Cruz valley crossing the Punta Union pass at 4750m, and the Punta Llanguanuco at 4767m before arriving at Pisco base camp at 4700m (great...
- Log #10225 - by JORDI ROSET I LLOBET on Feb 17, 2000Nice to aclimataize.Easy to climb. Beatifull vew of Artesonraju.
- Log #10226 - by philip fowler on Jan 28, 2000I great peak for acclimitization. Going down the rope in the dark was fun! Summitted with my friend michael. Unfortunately this was the only peak we summited the entire trip, we both became ill from...
- Log #10227 - by Greg Yanagihara on July 23, 1999I was part of the group led by Kurt Wedberg (Sierra Mountaineering Intl.). There is a 20-foot, 45 degree snowslope just below the summit, that most people stop at and turn around. It's fairly easy...
- Log #10228 - by Guillaume Couture on July 16, 1999We climb the S-W ridge (normal route) A very nice climb for acclimatize, or just for climb high in a short time. It's a easy peak but there is some crevasses, snow bridges and seracs so it's require...