Kebnekaise is the highest mountain in Sweden.
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1883|
|Nearest major airport:||Kiruna|
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: . For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 32 trip reports for Kebnekaise.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22462 - by Sven Bugarski on Feb 02, 2014Kebnekaise is supposed to be a quite straightforward mountain to climb during the height of summer. However, things are very different in winter. As part of my diploma thesis on ozone research, I...
- Log #22445 - by Sven Sjöberg on Oct 31, 2013Bad weather, did not see much from the summit
- Log #20726 - by http://www.uzel-m.narod.ru on Apr 03, 2007Very easy ,and very interesting. Good training before Himalayas and big mountains. Beautiful nature of scandinavia. Good week-end.
- Log #19228 - by Klaus Grønlund on Sep 27, 2006We started at 6 in the morning from Kebnekaise Fjellstation. We moved quite slow in the beginning because my friend had not brought his crampons and the snow was very hard and icy. When we reached...
- Log #10467 - by
E. Götzel on Sep 06, 2004Left 10:00 from Base Camp and hiked into "Kitteldalen". Tried to summit via "Baumanns Vägg" but I had to give it up after several dangerous incidents along this route. Hiked back toward "Tolpagorni"...
- Log #10468 - by Driss Zahi on Aug 01, 2004Quite easy climbing, Nice experience. First time with my little brother Noureddine. The second one alone.
- Log #10469 - by Ebo bakker on June 22, 2004For me this midsummer is very special. Staying in Borga in 76, I heard that a Dutch geologist - who did his PhD studies there 25 before - had visited the area with his family. I had seen their...
- Log #10470 - by Peter Kreuser on Apr 25, 2004This past Sunday, April 18, 2004, I met a Dutch lady on top of Pico Turquino, 1972 m, Cuba,s highest,who told me about her recent hike across Lappland. She described the kungsleden as a well-build...
- Log #10471 - by Filip Poulsen on Aug 21, 2003The east route, Björlings- top- och Kebnetjåkka-glaciers. All worth the effort.
- Log #10472 - by Alex Esquivel on July 25, 2003I travelled from Göteborg, Sweden by myself to Kiruna. I made some german friends in the way and I stayed with them a day and a half walking from Nikkaluokta to Kebnekaise fjällstation. Afterwards,...
- Log #10473 - by Mats Magnusson on May 28, 2003Summer view all the vay to the Altantic and fine deep wintersnow for superb skiing down to Singi.
- Log #10474 - by Markus Adank on May 15, 2003Arrived Kiruna May 9th late at night, slept "out in the green". Cause there were no busses leaving to Nikkaluokta next morning I took a taxi (800SK). Started the hike at noon to the Kebnekaise...
- Log #10475 - by meganne on May 11, 2003Hey, If anyone knows anything about Kebnekaise Mt.'s history or any generl info please e-mail me. asap. thnx so much megz
- Log #10476 - by Leif Fredriksson on Dec 31, 2002Entered Keb basecamp in rain and fog, June 23rd. Decided to walk around the massive and try in a few days. On June 24th I arrived to Singi, still very cloudy, and continued north on the west side of...
- Log #10477 - by Carolyn Morgan on Oct 27, 2002August 1989 - base camp. Wonderful memory of clean air, peaceful atmosphere, most delicious fish ever tasted and peaceful sleep. Hope to return someday.
- Log #10478 - by Martijn Riswick on Oct 12, 2002October is a nice time to summit the peak. It gives a mysterical view on the top. Mountains rising from the clouds. The westpath was very beautiful, though tough.
- Log #10479 - by Stig Nohlert on Aug 28, 2002A beautiful day with clear sky I did my second summit up here with my daughter Anna. The view was most fantastic and you could identify more than 20 other peaks in the neighbourhood (sharp, no haze...
- Log #10480 - by Peter Andersson on Aug 04, 2002During the summer, the most current altitude measurement is 2107.5, but due to the glacier on the top the altitude is higher in the winter. If you walk the west route you will have to walk about 1700...
- Log #10481 - by Frida Rydén on Aug 03, 2002I'v climbed Kebnekaise year 2000 and 2002. First time I went the west path and second time the east path. Both have a very beautiful view.
- Log #10482 - by
Gareth John on June 21, 2002A beautiful journey to a wonderful place - Nikkoluokta to Summit - but, lets not forget Tuolpagorni
- Log #10483 - by Vesa "Vescu" Kaski on June 20, 2002Kebnekaise, it is very nice place.
- Log #10484 - by Stacey P on Nov 02, 2001Hello. I need help from any one who knows about Mt Kebnekaise. I need this information for a school project. It is urgent. Please tell me if you went there and where you stayed.
- Log #10485 - by Johan Marklund on Aug 15, 2001On the way up We went by the east trail, (Östra leden). We crossed a glacier and after thet we had to climb a easy rockwall that was about 150 high. Unfortunally it was cloudy and we couldn't see...
- Log #10486 - by john nystrom on Aug 09, 2001An easy hike from the south west, but rather cloudy on the top. Am planning to take the same route, starting in Nikkolaukta, next March (2002)
- Log #10487 - by Steffen Kjär on May 12, 2001a cloudy and windy day. The next day we climb Tolpagorny we spend af great week on Kebnekaise Fjellstation
- Log #10488 - by Stig Nohlert on May 10, 2001Started from base camp (fjällstationen 09.00) via eastern track to top. 20 minutes before summit we saw top in sunshine. Summited at 14.
- Log #10489 - by
Kimmo Kk on Apr 29, 2001Cool place...everytime we got there it was snowing,nice :)
- Log #10490 - by John Holmgren on Apr 24, 2001Lots of snow but sunshine at the summit!
- Log #10491 - by Rami Laitinen on Oct 24, 2000In 1999 it was wrapped in fog, byt we summitted it via "Tourist route". Year 2000 we got full week of sunshine and summitted it in excellent weather! Beautiful place, many routes to climb!
- Log #10493 - by Finn Kjergaard on Feb 15, 2000Hard job but a victory for me and my family Birte 5 years Kristina 7 years Morten 12 Nina 37 Finn 41
- Log #10494 - by Johan Bihl on Oct 03, 1999We encountered a bad snow storm right below the summit. So, be prepared for a winter climate, even in summer!
- Log #10495 - by Per Jerberyd on Sep 07, 1999A very easy summit to climb for mountain hikers - but for mountaineers also harder climbing routes exits. Whaterver route you choose, it's still worth the time and effort.