Cerro Tunari Trip Report (#22126)
- Signed By: bmueller
- Date submitted: January 23, 2011
- Date(s) climbed: October 2010
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Possible starting points for the ascent on its south face:
The Cerro Tunari (or Pico Tunari) with 5.035 mts. is Central Bolivias highest peak located in the Tunari National Park and towering above the city of Cochabamba. The access to the top can be made on foot from the central valley of Cochabamba (south face - two days hiking tour), or by 4WD reaching 4.600 mts. on its north face and the last part on foot (one day tour).
1. From the Tunari – Mountain Lodge, located in a 120 hectares private nature reserve, at an altitude of 2.900 mts. offers comfort, great views, and eco trails for guided and self guided tours within the Tunari National Park as well as to the top of Cerro Tunari.
2. From the leisure park of Pairumani (Parque Ecoturistico Pairumani).
3. From the community of Falsuri.