|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1850|
|First successful climber(s):||J.A. Specht, L. Klotz, N. Klotz|
|Nearest major airport:||Innsbruck|
One of the most impressing and second highest peak of the 'Otztaler' Alps.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 10 trip reports for Weisskugel.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #11058 - by Tobias Eberlei on Sep 18, 2004What a great mountain!. We started the trip in kurzras in italy. We had a very nice day. Great view from the top!.
- Log #11059 - by
ray on Sep 05, 2002We did the North Ridge on a quit, but beautifull morning, we were 'alone in the world'. Took us 5 ours from the bella vista cabin. At this time there are a lot of crevasses to take care for. The...
- Log #11060 - by Michele Gusmeroli on Aug 08, 2002From the schone aussicht
- Log #11061 - by W. Koridon on Mar 06, 2002Long (12h) & beautifull climb/tour from Rif. Bella Vista via NE-ridge/face together with occasional partner Arthur Koks
- Log #11062 - by Markus on Nov 28, 2001We climbed the North-ridge in 3 1/2 hours. It was amazing!!!
- Log #11063 - by Imeyen on Nov 07, 2001We tried to climb the W. from Glieshoefe and via the Oberetteshuette (which by the way is a very nice hut, very professionaly managed). Beyond the Quelljoch, we ran into very deep fresh snow which...
- Log #11064 - by Peter Piros on Jan 17, 2001I was in the Otztal several times before mainly on winter for skiing. We left Kurzras (Italy, 2011m) with my friend Sandor Chlebovits at 6.00 in the morning and reached the peak around 13.30. During...
- Log #11065 - by Bierschenk, Albrecht on Nov 13, 2000Great climb, to be done in 6 hours from Weisskugelhütte. Weisskugelhütte does not have a shelter room for winter, so be prepared...(bring an adjustable spanner!) Graet glacier skiing, hardly any...
- Log #11066 - by Remco Woutersen on Nov 06, 1999One of Austria's most beautiful mountains. We climbed the East-ridge starting at the Weisskugelhuette in Italy (great cabbin, very nice 'Wirtin'). The ridge was steep, but not very difficult, and the...
- Log #11067 - by Mike Ashworth on Sep 07, 1999Climbed with Dave Brown (High Peak, Derbyshire) from the Schoene Aussicht hut (aka Bella Vista) via the Hintereisjoch. From the Joch it is a simple snow climb, but the final summit ridge is an...