Ben Lui has been described as the most beautiful peak of Scotland. There are also more difficult routes. The normal summit route over ridges can be steep sometimes but is never difficult. It is located in the Southern Highlands.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom, Ireland, & Iceland, or Europe. For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Ben Lui.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21817 - by Nigel Easton on Nov 14, 2009Beautiful mountain, looks especially dramatic in winter snow. Went up the Central Gully in early winter with a group of friends from Stirling University. Deep snow - exciting without being...
- Log #11272 - by foinaven on Oct 26, 2001As Frank say's - beautiful but simple. Try the Central Gully in winter - a fine snow climb.
- Log #11271 - by foinaven on Oct 25, 2001Like Frank say's - Easy but beautiful. Try the Central Gully route in winter for a greater challenge.
- Log #11268 - by rob smith on Jan 17, 2001My first munro, climbed from the west, with my wife and dog. The only decent day of our holidays.
- Log #11269 - by Robert Jones on Jan 13, 2001hard snow on the approaches but pretty insubstantial on the routes. BEEEEUUUUUTIFUL day!
- Log #11270 - by Bobby MacTavish on Jan 04, 2001used to play on an old ww11 coastal command air plane that crashed near the top... anybody else know about this..?