Fuego Trip Report (#21891)
- Signed By: Christian Rodriguez
- Date submitted: February 13, 2010
- Date(s) climbed: 1998-2009 at least 7 succesfully climbs
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Is not an easy volcano. Normally I went there by the route that begin in the Acatenango volcano (La Soledad). But twice, I begin from Alotenango town. Awesome experience, all time we hear and saw amazing explosions in the crater. Just one time I closed to the crater rim. Cause is a really dangerous area.
From the Acatenango summit is safe to watch the Fuego's explosions, but indubitable not to feel the sensation to get there, and feels the action in the self volcano.