|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Poprad-Tatry|
|Convenient Center:||Strba, Strbske Pleso, Pribilina|
Beautiful wry peak situated on the west part of High Tatras.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Krivan.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #11333 - by Allison Ogden on Sep 17, 2004My boyfriend and I went to Slovakia to attempt Gerlach but decided we didn't want to deal with all the silly rules and regulations for ascending that peak, so we went for Krivan instead. Nice hike....
- Log #11334 - by Tomek Świst on Dec 25, 2003Though high for Tatra conditions peak is easily accessible even for the begginers of mountain hiking ,in summer season of course .
- Log #11335 - by silvia on Nov 06, 2003my boyfriend and i climbed krivan from tri studnicky on july 19th, it was rainy during the climb and cloudy when we reached the peak..but after a while the clouds began breaking up and we saw an...
- Log #11336 - by Tomas Kristofory on Mar 13, 2003In my opinion, Krivan is the most lovely peak in the world, it is national peak of Slovaks and the symbol of slovakian fight for our freedom and independence.
- Log #11337 - by Tamás Gyõrffy on Sep 04, 2002We came from Budapest, Hungary, a 4-hour drive, in the night. Beautiful peak, the first peak of the High Tatras range rising above the plains. We took a direct and the shortest path, from a parking...
- Log #11338 - by Leos Low on Nov 30, 2000About 3,5 hrs from Strbske Pleso /roughly 1100 mH/. Very nice walk. Easy, nice weather. The path is accessible for hikers only from 01.