Nelson Butte Trip Report (#20587)
- Signed By: Jeremey MacColman
- Date submitted: January 07, 2007
- Date(s) climbed: 1995 by helicopter, 1998 by foot in remembrance of Jim Powell Plane Crash
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Jim Powell was a great inspiration in my teens when I was beginning my outdoor mountain rescue activity as a part of Civil Air Patrol. We tried so hard to find him when he became overdue. He will always be remembered. A plaque was placed in hes memory and inspiration on the north side of the ridge just below the summit of mount Aix.