|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Nearest major airport:||Leh|
Thanks to John Harris Schwelm FRGS, for adding this peak.
After leading a trek thru Markha valley in 1995 for Cambridge University girls I went back and climbed it following week with the idea of leading a group to ski it in 96. Early morning departure as snow then was laying soft and deep.
Thought it too avalanche prone for commercial adventures
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Kang-Yatze in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Kang-Yatze.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22348 - by Veronika BARTOVA on Oct 07, 2012Kang Yatze is a two day climb (BC to high camp and at 2 am from high camp to summit. We have summited together with Mingma Sherpa on September 15th 2012 at 7:15 am local time. We had good weather...
- Log #11462 - by Corrado Casinovi on Sep 03, 2004Climbed the West Shoulder by the normal route together to Fabio,Carla,Mario,Heidi and Paolo.
- Log #11463 - by De Boeck Johan on Oct 25, 2003We did a trekking from Lamajuru to Hemis via Markavalley. At Nimaling we took the way up to te Kang Yatsee Peak. Or "basecamp" was at a lake round 4790 m with a wonderful vieuw on the Kang...
- Log #11465 - by Miquel Rafa on Mar 03, 2002Summited the NOrth Peak (6100m) with a Catalan group (Barbara Ortuño, Lluis Sanz) and two Ladaki guides (Tashi Gombo, Nawang), from the Nimaling plains in two camps. Our ascent was easy, using...
- Log #11466 - by
Francis Laleman on Sep 26, 2001To a well-trodden trekker, who would rather spend time in the company of merely oneself and an odd passer-by in the rain & mist & winds, than having to ease his way through often noisy...
- Log #11467 - by John Schwelm on Mar 30, 2000After leading a trek thru Markha Valley, Ladakh in 1995 for a Cambridge Medical University girls 93rd year med students) I went back and climbed it following week with the idea of leading a group to...