After leading a trek thru Markha valley in 1995 for Cambridge University girls I went back and climbed it following week with the idea of leading a group to ski it in 96. Early morning departure as snow then was laying soft and deep.
Thought it too avalanche prone for commercial adventures
|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug|
|Nearest major airport:||Leh|
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Kang-Yatze in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Kang-Yatze.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22348 - by Veronika BARTOVA on Oct 07, 2012Kang Yatze is a two day climb (BC to high camp and at 2 am from high camp to summit. We have summited together with Mingma Sherpa on September 15th 2012 at 7:15 am local time. We had good weather...
- Log #11462 - by Corrado Casinovi on Sep 03, 2004Climbed the West Shoulder by the normal route together to Fabio,Carla,Mario,Heidi and Paolo.
- Log #11463 - by De Boeck Johan on Oct 25, 2003We did a trekking from Lamajuru to Hemis via Markavalley. At Nimaling we took the way up to te Kang Yatsee Peak. Or "basecamp" was at a lake round 4790 m with a wonderful vieuw on the Kang...
- Log #11465 - by Miquel Rafa on Mar 03, 2002Summited the NOrth Peak (6100m) with a Catalan group (Barbara Ortuño, Lluis Sanz) and two Ladaki guides (Tashi Gombo, Nawang), from the Nimaling plains in two camps. Our ascent was easy, using...
- Log #11466 - by
Francis Laleman on Sep 26, 2001To a well-trodden trekker, who would rather spend time in the company of merely oneself and an odd passer-by in the rain & mist & winds, than having to ease his way through often noisy...
- Log #11467 - by John Schwelm on Mar 30, 2000After leading a trek thru Markha Valley, Ladakh in 1995 for a Cambridge Medical University girls 93rd year med students) I went back and climbed it following week with the idea of leading a group to...