Chachani Trip Report (#21790)
- Signed By: Helene Barrette
- Date submitted: October 19, 2009
- Date(s) climbed: June 24, 2007
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Easy climb - if very well acclimatized! Base camp is quite high, and is nearly reachable by car, leaving only a one-hour switch back climb from the drop off point to the actual BC.
With an alpine start at 3-3:30am, the summit can be reached by 8:30-9am, with a return to BC by lunch time.
Two long traverses and much scree constitute the "technical difficulties" but aside from crampons and an ice axe, no technical gear or ropes are required.
Due to the altitude (6,075m, or 19,931 ft), one must very be well acclimatized before attempting Chachani - otherwise AMS is a near-certainty.