Highest peak of the Stubai Alps, a range of the central eastern alps.
The shape of north face which is completely covered with consolidated snow (firn)
explains the name (Zuckerhuetl means Sugar Loaf).
The normal route via the east ridge is not difficult if teh firn conditions are good.
|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1863|
|First successful climber(s):||Specht, Tanzer|
|Nearest major airport:||Innsbruck|
Thanks to Luidger Röckrath for adding this peak.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Zuckerhuetl.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #11857 - by Christine Theodorovics on Aug 17, 2004Great weather. We also went up the small summit next to the main summit. Crevasses were quite open.
- Log #11858 - by Christof Delatter on Sep 25, 2002Together with my friends Johan De Greve (B) en Roman Riml (A), we climbed this mountain, allthough I had a difficult time. We took the car from Sölden tot Fiegl's Alpengasthof in the Windachtal....
- Log #11860 - by Henk de Weerd on Aug 05, 2001Reisverslag van een cursus sneeuw en ijs met oa. beklimming Zuckerhutl. Veel foto's. Nu staan we op de hoogste top van de Stubaier Alpen.
- Log #11861 - by Thomas Weghofer on Jan 24, 2001From Hildesheimer hut on the top of the Zuckerhutl and over the "Wilder Pfaff" to the Muller hut and down to the Sulzenau hut. Nice day with Andi G. and Karl O.
- Log #11862 - by Eelco Franz on Sep 24, 2000Climbed the Zuckerhutl from the Mullerhut over de Wilder Pfaff.
- Log #11863 - by Het minimale reisgezelschap on Dec 17, 1999Fucking fog, didn't see a damn thing. But a great experience anyway. We were the first to go up that day, we simply coudn't miss the enormous tracks on the glacier. Great view, all white.
- Log #11865 - by
Luidger Roeckrath on Sep 25, 1999We came from the Sulzenau hut, traversed the Sulzenau glacier and reached the summit via the east ridge. After enjoying the view, we continued to the Wilde Pfaff and descended to the Mueller hut....