|Difficulty:||Basic Snow/Ice Climb|
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Year first climbed:||1861|
|First successful climber(s):||E. Buxton, T.F. Buxton, J.J. Conwell, Guide Michel Payot and Binder|
|Nearest major airport:||Geneva|
Nordend is the northmost peak of the Monte Rosa massif. It is the third highest peak in Europe, excluding the Caucasus. The ascent is 6-8 hours from the Monte Rosa hut. Most of the time is on glacier. The last part includes some modest climbing - 2+ - with some exposed parts.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Nordend.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #21776 - by Christine Theodorovics on Sep 28, 2009Climbed it after Zumsteinspitze and Dufourspitze.
- Log #12010 - by
Eric on Sep 29, 2003We climbed the Cresta Santa Catherina from Città-di-Gallarate Bivy. An awesome, epic route.
- Log #12011 - by André Imboden on July 28, 2003Your mountainguide for all summits around the world. Special training and preparation for the Matterhorn.
- Log #12012 - by Antonio Coelho on Oct 21, 2002I didn't summited this peak, but my 2 friens and i, tried to open a mixed route in this north face. We reallized 250 meters, but the rock is very unestable. This route above starts above 3800 meters...
- Log #12013 - by Janos Granicz on Feb 28, 2002Karoly Barta - Janos Granicz Our route: Obere Plattje (our tent) - Monte Rosa Glacier - Scholle - Satteltole - West Ridge of the Dufourspitze - Dufourspitze - Grenzgipfel - Silbersattel - Nordend -...
- Log #12014 - by Carli Marco on Feb 02, 20012 giornate di tempo stupendo mi hanno permesso di salire per la prima volta sulla cima che da tempo desideravo vedere: la Nordend. Panorama incredibile sulla curvilinea parete est verso Macugnaga....