|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Denver|
|Convenient Center:||Buena Vista or Leadville|
Thanks to Kirk Mallory for adding this peak.
Mt. Oxford is one of five fourteeners in Colorado named for famous universities. It is most often climbed after Mt. Belford, requiring a re-climb of Mt. Belford for the descent.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 12 trip reports for Mount Oxford.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #19440 - by Kara Diamond-Husmann on June 18, 2006My husband and I left Vail at 4:30 am. We were hiking the trail at 6:24. WE summited Belford and then headed over to Oxford. It was a 50 minute traverse.
- Log #12065 - by Phil Smith on Mar 21, 2004Our group overnighted in the high valley between Oxford, Belford and Missouri peaks. It was a beautiful campsite, and even after all these years I still can see it. The day we summited the peaks it...
- Log #12066 - by
Michael Jake on Sep 23, 2003Started at 7:30am from Missouri Gulch TH. Hiked over Belford on the NW ridge, over to Oxford, back across the ridge and down Elkhand pass and back to the TH. Total time was about 7 hours. #45 for me,...
- Log #12067 - by Patrick L. Lilly on Sep 23, 20022nd ascent of this peak; first time in 1975. Nice day, not even too many people.
- Log #12068 - by Kipp Miles on Aug 31, 2002Summited with my wife Bonnie after summiting Mt Belford earlier the same morning. Met a man on the ridge between Belford and Oxford who had summitted Missouri Mtn., Mt. Belford and was going on to...
- Log #12069 - by Tom & Becky Bird on Aug 30, 2002Went up a non-standard route (from the E from Pine Creek Trailhead). Hiked in 4.7 miles to Colorado Trail junction and set up backcountry camp on 22nd. (Climbed Mt.
- Log #12070 - by Keith Grissom on Aug 21, 2001After a late start, we were very fortunate to have good weather reaching Oxford. After leaving Oxford's summit to cross back over Belford was the challenging part. Make sure to allow plenty of time...
- Log #12071 - by Carl E. Helton on July 26, 2001Hiked up the Missouri Gulch trail to summit Mt. Belford and Mt. Oxford. Derick, Wade and myself left the group of 8 at Mt. Belford to summit Mt.
- Log #12072 - by Tom on July 02, 2001Great hike and quite easy. After reaching Belford just a quick hike across a beautiful saddle. Could see my next 14er from here, Harvard. This trail is a pretty good first 14er since it's well marked...
- Log #12073 - by
matt Kirk on Nov 03, 2000Greetings 14er climbers and enthusiasts. I just wanted to let everyone know that there should be a 14ers forum coming soon at http://www.trailjournals.com. If you have the time, please come by and...
- Log #12074 - by David Metz on Jan 18, 2000A long windy day from Vicksburg via Mt. Belford
- Log #12075 - by
Kirk Mallory on Oct 07, 1999Climbed Mt. Oxford after Mt. Belford on August 16th. Climbed it a second time on Sept 26th after climbing Missouri Mountain, Iowa Peak, and Emerald Peak.