|Range/Region:||Sangre de Cristo Range|
|Best months for climbing:||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Colorado Springs|
|Convenient Center:||Ft. Garland, Blanca, or Alamosa|
Thanks to Kirk Mallory for adding this peak.
Ellingwood Point is a point on the ridge west of Blanca Peak. It has only recently been recognized as a separate fourteener. Most people climb Ellingwood after summiting Blanca Peak, but Ellingwood Point offers some of its own fine routes, including the Class 3 Southwest Ridge and the Class 5 North Ridge.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Ellingwood Point.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #12189 - by Michael Jake on Aug 02, 2004Came over from Blanca. We were in a cloud on the summit and couldn't even see Blanca.
- Log #12190 - by Bob Anderson on Dec 01, 2003Attended ASC in Alamosa for one year, 71-72 before being drafted in the army. Tried to climb Blanca with 2 others in May of 72, just parked the car on a dirt road SW of peak and just went up, got...
- Log #12191 - by
Jeremy Rhoades on Nov 02, 2002Camped above Como Lake climbed Blanca Pk first and picked up Ellingwood on the return.
- Log #12192 - by Chip Breighner on Sep 14, 2002My 3rd 14er. I bagged this one 2 months after climbing Blanca. We started from the bottom again, so another loooong day. We climbed the classic west trough ascent from the peak, Blanca looks so much...
- Log #12193 - by
Matt Kirk on Nov 03, 2000Greetings 14er climbers and enthusiasts. I just wanted to let everyone know that there should be a 14ers forum coming soon at http://www.trailjournals.com. If you have the time, please come by and...
- Log #12194 - by Jason Halladay on Aug 16, 2000I had orginally summited Ellingwood on the fourth of July, 1997. On that trip we hiked all the way from the paved road up Como Lake road to a high camp above Como Lake. We summited Blanca and...
- Log #12195 - by Sean Reed on Apr 16, 2000One of my favorite 14ers along with Blanca and Longs Peak. We did this one on the same day as Blanca and it's definately worth it. It was a thrill to peak over the 1,500 ft. drops along the ridge...
- Log #12196 - by
Kirk Mallory on Oct 07, 1999Climbed Ellingwood Point after climbing Blanca Peak. This was my 25th fourteener. The talus seemed a little looser than on Blanca Peak, but was still an enjoyable climb.