Gasherbrum II is the third highest peak of the Gasherbrum massif, and the thirteenth highest peak in the world. It is generally considered one of the easiest 8000 meter peaks, though like any mountain of its stature, an ascent is not to be taken lightly.
|Difficulty:||Major Mountain Expedition|
|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug|
|Year first climbed:||1956|
|First successful climber(s):||Austrian expedition|
|Nearest major airport:||Islamabad, Pakistan|
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Gasherbrum II.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20645 - by LÁSZLÓ MAKU on Feb 02, 2007Ha nem haragszotok, most a Magyaroknak írok pár sort. Szóval hazulról egyedül mentem egy nemzetközi eypedíció keretében a Jasmite Tours-szal. És nagyon jó volt, csak a csúcsmászó...
- Log #12314 - by Hasan Faisal on Oct 23, 2004I went as Liaison Officer with an Austrian Expedition. I climbed till 6300 Meters on Gasherbrum 2. Slightly above camp 1. The bad conditions of snow and persistent bad weather forced our 3 attemts to...
- Log #12315 - by Scott Clark and Nicole Clark on Dec 14, 2003People of Pakistan and porters were all fantastic! Summited in 13 days from base camp arrival. Exciting glacier to camp 1. We shuttled all of our own equipment from base camp for the climb. 6 hours...
- Log #12317 - by David Hamilton on Apr 09, 2002"The first person to climb G2 on three separate occasions was col Sher Khan, retired comandant of the Pakistan Army Mt Training School in Abbotabad. Then I did it 3 times out of 4 years with my...
- Log #12318 - by Markus Walter on Feb 26, 2002our planned ski descent failed due to really bad weather, but we managed it to reach the summit at 4.40 am in the white-out and to descent to 7000m, from where we skied down some parts of the route...
- Log #12319 - by
Christian Walter on Feb 18, 2002Great climb, too many fixed ropes, too many unexperienced people on the peak. Expedition report (German language) available at www.alpinclub.com (if any relative of the dead Belgium climber is...
- Log #12321 - by Robert Lindner on Apr 17, 2001summit attempt was made on the 11.08.1993. An altitude of approx 7800m was reached. We bailed out due to bad weather (strong winds & snowfall). Trip report and pictures of this German Austrian...
- Log #12322 - by
Florian Wolf on Oct 05, 1999I am one ofe the memberes of the Austrian Gasherbrum II Expedition in 1999. I succeeded with two of us on July 29. It was great, we had a lot of luck, because the weather was bad all the time before...
- Log #12323 - by S. Scott Adams, M.Ed. on Aug 02, 1999Looking for experienced climbers to help me learn and train to climb an 8000m peak. Willing to work hard and do grunt work to gain experince. If you have any info please contact me at e-mail address....