|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Yerevan International Airport (EVN)|
Highest peak in Armenia
Thanks to Edgar Danielyan for this description.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: . For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 5 trip reports for Mount Aragats.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22410 - by Sven Bugarski on Sep 25, 2013Maps and detailed information on the tour was hardly available, so we organized a guided tour in Yerevan, including transport to and from the mountain, camping equipment, guiding to the summit and...
- Log #22253 - by Sebastiaan Lagendaal on Oct 24, 2011Climbed this peak from the east side and crossed the caldera. We slept on the westface and left the mountain to the north. Nice non-technical climb, lots of hail, windy but nothing serious. We met...
- Log #12420 - by the beduine w. gratzel on July 30, 2002We drove with our caravan up to the metrological station (3000m) were we found a nice place at the lake. A beautiful campsite, especially when you have had 40°C in Erewan. Ther is a small kiosk...
- Log #12421 - by Pate on June 29, 2002Lifetime experience. Especially when we had a chance to stay at our friend's parents' place in village Aragats. We climbed up for 7 hours equipped with panir (goat chesse), lavash (x-thin round...
- Log #12422 - by Edgar Danielyan on Nov 08, 1999Highest mountain in Armenia, but not the most difficult... Worth climbing - magnificent views of the Valley and other nearby peaks.