NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Mount Rose.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22354 - by Bjacobs on Oct 19, 2012Took off from tailhead at 8AM. I made a little diversion over to Tamarack Peak and Mt Church before climbing to the top of Mt Rose. Beautiful 360 degree views from the top!
- Log #22353 - by Bjacobs on Oct 19, 2012I took off from the trailhead parking lot at 8AM. I made a little diversion over tfo Tamarack Peak and then over to Mt Church before making it to the top of Mt Rose. You definitely want to plan for...
- Log #12612 - by
Perry Smith on Nov 29, 2003I had always though it would be nice to try an winter assent. The day after Thanksgiving looked good - not alot of snow and the weather looked reasonable. Began at 8:00am. First 2.5 miles without...
- Log #12613 - by Danny Wasson on Nov 28, 2003Lots of snow from last weeks storm. Weather was a little warm around 9000 feet. Cool and breezy at the summit.
- Log #12618 - by Danny Wasson on Sep 09, 2003Very nice day warm at the start of the climb, and alittle cool at the top. A touch of Fall with all the trees are starting to turn.
- Log #12614 - by Brian Montes on Mar 09, 2002Nice views, a little hazy though. For better views of Tahoe try Snow Valley Peak...
- Log #12615 - by Danny Wasson on Mar 08, 2002Awsome day, just alittle to warm in the afternoon snow was alittle too soft for my liking, and I forgot the sun screen. All and All great time of year to summit the top.
- Log #12616 - by Danny Wasson on Nov 10, 2001Very mild day, temp was about 38 degrees at the summit, with just a slight breeze. I summited from the North side.
- Log #12617 - by Robert Baffrey on Sep 18, 2000The views were great and it's a really nice little hike for a little exercise.