|Best months for climbing:||Feb, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov|
|Nearest major airport:||Glasgow|
Wicked in Winter, don't you just love Scotland's highest mountains in Winter!
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom, Ireland, & Iceland, or Europe. For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Ben Lawers.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #12963 - by Brian Murray on Sep 07, 2003A challenging and rewarding mountain to climb. Enough to tempt me back a number of times over the years.
- Log #12964 - by Gary Olive on Sep 06, 2003Great views, worth the effort! If anybody remembers two people running up Ben Lawers on the 11th August. I was one of them!!!! Why? Not sure but it seemed a good idea at the time.
- Log #12965 - by Gary Olive on Sep 06, 2003Great views, woth the effort! If anybody remembers two people running up Ben Lawers on the 11th August. I was one of them!!!! Why? Not sure but it seemed a good idea at the time.
- Log #12966 - by Cheryle Mack on Aug 31, 2003View was exceptionally clear. Beutiful scenery. On top of the world
- Log #12967 - by David Mack on Aug 30, 20032nd attempt. the first attempt ended 17 years ago when the fog hid my feet. This time successful.
- Log #12969 - by Brendan Howard on Oct 20, 2002A lovely walk, yet not too difficult. Can be done in under 5 hours for most in good conditions. Instead of going back up Bheinn Ghlas on the descent I took the route too the right, lovely, less steep...
- Log #12970 - by
Steve Loughran on Feb 28, 2000Did this as part of the 4 Munro circuit, on that rarest of Scottish Winter days -a crisp sunny day. The hard ice worked well with Crampons, and kept the scree slope manageable.