|Best months for climbing:||Jul, Aug|
|Year first climbed:||1897|
|First successful climber(s):||Collie, Fay, Michael, Sarbach|
|Nearest major airport:||Calgary|
|Convenient Center:||Lake Louise|
Thanks to Dale Kolsan for adding this peak.
Anyone who visits Lake Louise won't miss Mt Victoria and Victoria Glacier. The mountain rises almost 5000 feet higher than Lake Louise, and sits directly behind the lake if you are looking from the left side of Chateau Lake Louise. Mt Victoria is on the Continental Divide, and is the highest peak in the area. It should be a tough climb because is is snow- and ice-covered year-round, along with a big glacier.
Thanks to Dale Kolsan for this description.
The following weather information is provided for the nearest supported peak. The weather icons reflect weather conditions from the base of the mountain, while the wind, temperature and humidity reflect conditions at the summit.
Weather by meteoexploration.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 10 trip reports for Mount Victoria.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22492 - by ondmand on Nov 17, 2014Classic route, overnight at Abbott Pass - summit at 12:30.
- Log #21172 - by Frank Reddick on Feb 04, 2008We went up the ridge from Abbott Pass up to the South (main) summit. One of the best ridge climbs I've ever done. It is quite exposed, but I went with a guide which made it fun. Great views in all...
- Log #18805 - by Eric Lepage on Feb 14, 2006Well, here I was up at Abbott Pass Hut getting my stuff together with our alpine guide and another member of our party ( 3 in all ) at 3:00 A.M. It had snowed heavily the few days before up on the...
- Log #13005 - by justin mckibbin on Sep 03, 2003Incredible weather. I have never done a funner mountain. The ridge was spectacular. Climbed with Niels and Tom.
- Log #13006 - by Rene Boisselle on Jan 29, 2003Great day, lots of avalanches on the way down.
- Log #13007 - by Pat Roskey on Jan 21, 2003This was the greatest physical accomplishment of my life. We took the route which crosses the Victoria - Huber glacier.I was with a group from Sunshine Village ski area. Our guide was a ski...
- Log #13008 - by smith ken on Nov 21, 2002I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE WOULD RECOMEND A LOCAL GUIDE TO GO OUT ON THE GLACIER. DATES 12-05/12-11.
- Log #13009 - by Geoff Ruttan on Mar 20, 2000Great Peak. Lots of snow when we climbed it. Starting trudging threw knee deep snow just above Lake Oesa. All that snow, equaled a much longer time then normal becasue of having to break trail.
- Log #13010 - by
Alan Kane on Jan 10, 2000This is a very popular mountaineering climb, done from Abbott Pass via Lake O'Hara. Mt Lefroy, beside it is equally popular ascent up 45 degree snow/ice face from same hut. I did Victoria (and...
- Log #13011 - by
Dale Kolsan on Jan 06, 2000I wouldn't attempt to climb Mt Victoria - I thought it looked very pretty towering behind Lake Louise. It is one of the most beautiful mountains in the Canadian Rockies, and having Lake Louise in...